This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WELCOME TO OUR GUESTS - HOW TO JOIN WEDG

We're delighted to have you read along with us and hope that our site is an inspiration to you. If you'd like to send feedback or perhaps consider joining our posting folks, feel free to reach out to us by emailing andy@millenniumweekend.org

And of course, if we can help in any other way, please let us.

In Christ -

The Advisory Board
    Last edited by Andy; 02-22-2023, 10:14 PM.

Re: WELCOME TO OUR GUESTS - HOW TO JOIN WEDG

Yup! I agree, Plumbob. Just noticed 6 members and SIXTY guests on our board.

May each of us find Jesus Christ while reading this page...this is our chief goal. Feel free to ask questions if you like. You can email the Moderator Staff and it'll get to the whole Advisory Board for prayer, discussion and input.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
      Yup! I agree, Plumbob. Just noticed 6 members and SIXTY guests on our board.

May each of us find Jesus Christ while reading this page...this is our chief goal. Feel free to ask questions if you like. You can email the Moderator Staff and it'll get to the whole Advisory Board for prayer, discussion and input.
      You will never regret becoming part of this family. I go back many many years and was away for a while, because of health and other things, but could not stay away.You will find people to answer your questions and partners in waiting for the return of our Lord Jesus. You are more than welcome to join in.
      ysiC,,Twink

Comment

I see so many people have viewed our threads but very few comment. Is there anyway that our visitors can post as guests, like on other boards? It would be good to hear their perspectives and to improve the give and take we currently have.

Comment

Originally posted by SueC View Post
          I see so many people have viewed our threads but very few comment. Is there anyway that our visitors can post as guests, like on other boards? It would be good to hear their perspectives and to improve the give and take we currently have.
          Interesting suggestion, Sue.
          I think I can grant "Guests" a way to post wherein all posts go into the Moderator queue for approval.
          Given how intense things are in our world this may be something we need to consider.

Comment

I think that's good, Andy! We have to keep thinking outside that old box to keep things going these days!

Comment

Okay, Guests...
              It is done.

Would someone that is a Guest here please respond to this message? I want to see if the settings I just modified do as I expect. Your post should go into the Moderator queue for approval.

Needless to say this usergroup is highly restricted...no signatures, no HTML, no private message capability...etc. BUT you should be able to start or modify a thread (once approved by one of the Mods).

I hope this works!

Comment

I just got a "guest comment" feedback from someone that tried to post and was denied. I'm not seeing anything wrong in the usergroup settings. Please close your browser and re-open and then return to WeDG and try again. if it fails again I'm going to assume it is disallowed by the vBulletin software.

Comment

I hope it works, too, Andy! Thanks for trying. I think it will be energizing to WEDG to get some feedback from the many "silent" guests!

Comment

I'm sorry, Guests, it's definitely not working and I'm not seeing a way to make it work.
                    I logged out and tried to post or start a thread w/o success.
                    Guess the vBulletin software is set in such a way that it requires someone to at least be logged in.
                    In one sense I can understand that given how databases tables are set up (as I understand it and admittedly that understanding is very small!). There's no way to identify who has posted if there is no reference to a person's ID.

Tell ya what - if you want to say something in a thread send it via the Guest Comments or Feedback and I'll post it in the appropriate thread...and put either your name (if you wish) or just "an anonymous guest". I can do that as long as it doesn't get excessive.

Comment

Well, you tried, Andy! At least there's an option for people to get involved now. Thanks for doing that and I hope the guests take advantage of it. Maybe they will then be inclined to officially join the WEDG family, too.

Comment

Issuing a renewed invitation to lurkers...Yes, you!! Come on and join Wedg...you won't be sorry. Your comments and input will enhance your experience and will be a blessing to not just yourself but to those of us who have been long time members....

Comment

Wonder if any lurkers would like to join us, or send feedback!

Comment

Working...
                          X