Canada, Children and Bill 89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada, Children and Bill 89

Any Canadians care to comment? Is this article overblown or is this really real?

Ontario passes ‘totalitarian’ bill allowing gov’t to take kids from Christian homes

Pro-family advocates warn Bill 89 gives the state more power to seize children from families that oppose the LGBTQI and gender ideology agenda, and allows government agencies to effectively ban couples who disagree with that agenda from fostering or adopting children.
    Bill 89, or the Supporting Children, Youth and Families Act, 2017, repeals and replaces the former Child and Family Services Act that governs child protection services, and adoption and foster care services.

It adds “gender identity” and “gender expression” as factors to be considered “in the best interests of the child.”

At the same time, it deletes the religious faith in which the parents are raising the child as a factor to be considered, and mandates child protection services consider only the child’s own “creed” or “religion” when assessing the best interests of the child.

“With the passage of Bill 89, we’ve entered an era of totalitarian power by the state, such as never witnessed before in Canada’s history,” says Jack Fonseca, senior political strategist for Campaign Life Coalition.
    source

Issachar
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Re: Canada, Children and Bill 89

Wow! Hope this is exaggerated...and doesn't become a trend, however it'd sure fit into end times.

Comment

I hope no one minds but I'm not going to go on a rant. As a followers of Christ that should be a dahhhhh. It doesn't matter what my opinion is, but God's and God's alone.

Sooo how did this start, imvho ??? A few years ago I heard of a Rabbi and his wife who couldn't have children so decided to foster. Social services were apparently polite but stated it would be a problem as the Rabbi would insist on the foster children attending synagogue on Saturday and of course there were the Jewish observances.

More recently, a pastor and his wife who couldn't have children decided to foster children. They were given a child but the biological parents complained a they didn't want their children raised in that environment. So the child was taken out.

Today.... it is the Province of Ontario, not all of Canada. Ontario the place were people of all kinds of religions that object to immorality, decided to vote in a Lesbian. Since her election her numbers have gone down drastically, as it stands right now, it really doesn't look like she will get another term.

Why? It isn't for moral reasons, although we have seen people of all religions protesting her agenda, but for financial reasons. Wellll, pretty much the same things we hear from the US. The debt, the cost of things, government mismanagement, immigration etc. etc. etc.

So in the next election we will hear all the usual stuff from the candidates on the left, right and center spewing the same stuff you guys hear...and on and on....

I could go on and on, but I hope I've expressed enough.

Comment

This is exactly what the state board of education is trying to ram down the folks throats here in Minnesota. I listen to Cross Talk almost everyday and they spent the whole show explaining how the attempts will be made all the way through to removing your child from your home if you don't agree on the principles they espouse. My daughter is already looking for little Ricky's future Christian private school. If you have a chance to listen to the cross talk show it is quite the eye opener.

Comment

Franklin Graham Has Urgent Message For Christians, Especially Parents

June 09, 2017

A new law passed just in our neighboring Canada has told parents that they must agree with their child's desire to change their gender, or they will lose custody. The bill has identified disagreeing with a child's desire to transition to a different gender as "abuse" and cause for the state to remove the child from home.

"The bill was introduced by Ontario’s minister of child and family services, Michael Coteau, who said, 'I would consider that a form of abuse, when a child identifies one way and a caregiver is saying no, you need to do this differently,'" shares RT.com.

Christian parents are obviously very upset about this and are starting a petition, saying the bill is signaling “an era of totalitarian power for the state," and is a "direct assault" on Christian parents who reject LGBT ideology.

Here on his Facebook page, Franklin Graham urges Canadian Christians to quickly oppose this bill--and warns American Christians that we need to be very on guard against this spreading to the United States.
          source-more

Issachar
          The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

I've had two years of training and growth and am so glad
            For This. My focus has not been somuch the prophetic and geopolitical but rather asking where are you HS and how can I fit in with your plans. I like the changes I have seen in me.

I must say I am grieved by what I see is befalling our countries of Canada and the USA this tug-of-war between right and left the outlandish wickedness that I see raising its head and attacking foundations, the sleepiness and impotance of what is the church here but God is not asleep and the Holy Spirit is alive and active. The only hope for our countries is Jesus Christ and he is the way the truth and the life. The gospel is what changes people's lives and sets people free and changes the Romans 1 dynamic of being given over to a reprobate mind .

I have found the peace and the joy and abundant life manifest itself in me when I give the gospel and when I love the stranger and the street person smelling of beer or worse and there's amazing power and boldness that comes and healing. I urge anyone who loves the word and feels dismay over what they say just to go out and love someone - stranger speak into their life give them the gospel or just tell them Jesus loves them and ask them if they would like prayer for something people are so broken and so in need of love and direction and hope the harvest really is right.

Comment

re. post #6

AMEN.

Issachar

Comment

Trying a video post here ..

Issachar

Comment

Working...
                X