Pastor JD Mid-East Prophecy Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pastor JD Mid-East Prophecy Update

Thanks, M - I got your VM but my laptop was down for about 1.5 hours today as I made a digital duplicate of the drive to a new, larger drive. I'm back up now and can't wait to watch the video - you said something about minute 17 ... well, I love his updates so much I anticipate enjoying the whole thing! Prob have to wait till tomorrow, tho, pretty late and we have an early morning ahead of us.

Maranatha!

Comment

VERY good (as usual!).

Comment

• Extra Pastor JD Mid-East Prophecy Update

Apparently JD has done sort of an 'extra' prophecy update and combined it with a study in 1 Samuel 5. The video is just over an hour long and I have not yet watched it.

Published on Aug 16, 2013

Pastor JD comments on the situation in Egypt and prays for Egypt then teaches through 1 Samuel 5 about all the lessons we can learn from the Philistines god Dagon, after capturing the Ark of the Covenant from the Israelites.

Comment

Published on Aug 18, 2013

Pastor JD talks about what's happening in Egypt, and why it matters to us.

Last edited by Andy; 08-19-2013, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Continuation of "Why the Rapture might be closer than we think"! Specifically regarding use of Chemical weapons in Syria!

Published on Aug 25, 2013

Pastor JD resumes looking at reasons the rapture may be sooner than we may think by putting the prophecy puzzle pieces in place in light of the use of chemical weapons in Syria.
            Last edited by Andy; 08-27-2013, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John H. View Post
              Continuation of "Why the Rapture might be closer than we think"! Specifically regarding use of Chemical weapons in Syria!

This was really good. One thing he said I hadn't thought of is the "apostasia" in 2 Thes 2 is an event, not a process. I need to dig into my study material to get the Greek tense, voice and mood of the word (Blueletterbible.org doesn't share that) but that may shed a little more light on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                This was really good. One thing he said I hadn't thought of is the "apostasia" in 2 Thes 2 is an event, not a process. I need to dig into my study material to get the Greek tense, voice and mood of the word (Blueletterbible.org doesn't share that) but that may shed a little more light on it.
                Yeah, Andy, I think he was referring to a Dr. Ice teaching?

Comment

Just finished watching this latest video by Pastor J.D. After having posted on the entire situation with Syria, etc. Now I have a better idea of why I have been so unsettled and disturbed. He put into words, with all of the correct Scripture what has been going on in my mind about the current situation in the middle east, the US, and the so many other things.

Comment

Originally posted by John H. View Post
                    Yeah, Andy, I think he was referring to a Dr. Ice teaching?
                    Right - and we have discussed that here, before, the fact that apostasia is not accurately translated "Falling away" - rather, the departure or removal. But the fact that it would have to be an EVENT rather than PROCESS - really makes a lot of sense contextually. Again, though, I'd love to dig into the tense, mood, voice of apostasia. if the tense is aorist then it fits that it's a ONE-TIME action whereas if it's Present then it's a continuous action (a process). Voice and mood wouldn't be as important, IMHO, to this discussion but it would still be interesting to find that about the word.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                      Right - and we have discussed that here, before, the fact that apostasia is not accurately translated "Falling away" - rather, the departure or removal. But the fact that it would have to be an EVENT rather than PROCESS - really makes a lot of sense contextually. Again, though, I'd love to dig into the tense, mood, voice of apostasia. if the tense is aorist then it fits that it's a ONE-TIME action whereas if it's Present then it's a continuous action (a process). Voice and mood wouldn't be as important, IMHO, to this discussion but it would still be interesting to find that about the word.

LOL Andy, Congrats brother. You just made my eyes glaze over. That is usually Issachar's department.
                      Last edited by Glorify Him; 08-27-2013, 04:04 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

Originally posted by Glorify Him View Post
                        LOL Andy, Congrats brother. You just made my eyes glaze over. That is usually Issachar's department.

Trust me, sister, you could fit on the head of a pin what I know about Greek! BUT I do have a tiny understanding of all that and there's a quick-reference guide right here if you want to look at it and learn, too. Greek is SO vast - so much moreso than English. We all know about the 3 words that we translate into 1: "Love". That's just the tip of the iceberg. This whole tense, mood and voice lend meaning to the verbs, too - it can completely change the meaning. What we think of as a 'command' may not be quite that strong and vice versa. I find language-study very fascinating but fully understand many people think it's about the most dry, boring thing in the world!

Comment

Originally posted by GH
                          Hey! I resemble that remark!

And here I thought you liked my posts.

Issachar, possibly chief among glaze inducers ..
                          The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

LOL
                            Andy said
                            we have discussed that here, before

--- Its nice to have Bro. JD agree with me

see my 1st and 2nd Thess paraphrase / commentary at www.lewishb.biz

Comment

LoL I love both of you brothers, Andy and Iss, you are the best. Believe it or not, I have a Greek to English Lexicon that I have used for the past 30+ years. I guess I am just at an age where my attention span is getting limited.

Comment

0/ 0/ 0/ , Syria

JD has a "MID-WEEK" (Thur.) "UPDATE" intro

Published on Aug 30, 2013

Pastor JD talks about the minute by minute situation in Syria and how any strike by any one could trigger a large scale war fulfilling both Isaiah 17 and Psalm 83.
                                Last edited by Andy; 08-30-2013, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X