Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joel Osteen Rebukes Apostles, Paul, Peter, John etc!

Default Re: Joel Osteen Rebukes Apostles, Paul, Peter, John etc!

I sent the article to my pastor. His response:

I don't disagree with the heart of the article - Osteen at BEST skirts a fine line, and I believe crosses it. But I also think it's sad that guys like this author, Peter Michael Martinez, go out of their way to sensationalize things. He states that Joel has rebuked the apostles, but in the article simply infers that Joel would. I don't believe he would rebuke the apostles because I don't think mister Osteen is capable of rebuking anyone! That's not his shtick. His is an inclusive, everyone is right, easy-believism. But this guy should just point out the wrong without slander and malice. I find myself being sickened by both sides...
    wlnf

Quote Originally Posted by WasLostNowFound View Post
    I sent the article to my pastor. His response:

I don't disagree with the heart of the article - Osteen at BEST skirts a fine line, and I believe crosses it. But I also think it's sad that guys like this author, Peter Michael Martinez, go out of their way to sensationalize things. He states that Joel has rebuked the apostles, but in the article simply infers that Joel would. I don't believe he would rebuke the apostles because I don't think mister Osteen is capable of rebuking anyone! That's not his shtick. His is an inclusive, everyone is right, easy-believism. But this guy should just point out the wrong without slander and malice. I find myself being sickened by both sides...
    wlnf
    I would agree with your pastor, while I find the substance of JO’s message’s overall very damaging, frankly the tone presented by the article is much more representative of THE false gospel that commonly sets itself opposed to the Lord Jesus Christ. IMO

Two ends against the middle…

None of the Above - Just passin' through.
    Blog Entries

I just read the article too. My take is that the author is simply frustrated by so much teaching that seems to water down what the Word actually says.

If I said: That light bulb is on, I would have no problem, even though different words are used when I'm being quoted, if someone said: "Issachar said that light bulb is not burned out."

That wouldn't be really "reading between the lines", imho.

I think the author is actually saying, "If Joel said this, then conversely, he also said 'this'."

From the article:

When asked if openly practicing gay/homosexual people will be accepted into heaven, Joel Osteen responded, “I believe they will.”
    IF Joel (or anyone) actually said that, then he is teaching something horrendous .. just think of the people that may be led to believe that, never repent of their sin, and AFTER death, finding out the truth.

“I’m for everybody” says Joel Osteen, “I’m not into excluding people. Jesus can reveal himself to anybody.”
    IF Joel (or anyone) said that, then it is true, that by default, anyone saying someone is excluded (presumably from heaven), is teaching opposite of what Joel apparently believes. The author gives several scriptures that show that unrepentant sinners, will be excluded.

I'd have to talk to this author to know what his heart is on this .. (Maybe I'll look, later, for anything else he may have written ..

Issachar, recognizes, as do many others, that the age we're in, has a lot of false teaching ..
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Yes, Iss but although the word IF is only two letters it is actually a huge word.
    Blessed Be the Name of The Lord God Almighty!

Quote Originally Posted by Glorify Him View Post
    Yes, Iss but although the word IF is only two letters it is actually a huge word.
    The author clearly states that it is what Joel said. To cast doubt on what he states are direct quotes doesn't make sense especially since the context of what else he says Joel said absolutely teaches an inclusive message. It makes perfect sense to me he would say these things (and also given other things I've heard Joel say in interviews). He somewhat redeems his statement by ending with the truth: "I believe Jesus can reveal himself to anyone." THAT part is true.

None of the Above - Just passin' through.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GH
    ... the word IF is only two letters it is actually a huge word.
    Yes .. it can be ..

IF

These clips are Joel himself speaking .. and show why so many get confused by his message. He does not speak plainly and maybe even, not consistently. Some 'teachers' today, need to pick a stance and stick to it. Right or wrong, at least folks would know where they stand.

That clip ended with him saying he doesn't see "gay" as ok by scripture. There are lots of clips available where he is clearly against homosexuality. Bravo.

But in another, he claims that there are plenty of homosexuals in his assembly and that if two of them were to "marry", he'd attend if invited. Attending a wedding, is an outward show of approval. Respect? Sure, I suppose, but it is not "nice" to leave someone without the gospel and then when they die ... what do you say about their eternal suffering and separation from the Almighty God? oops? What in the world does "for everybody" mean?

Pretty good up to ~3:20 .. but then ...

Any sinner should feel conviction in the presence of the gospel.

I don't know ... I guess I just feel that as a believer, my intent and hope is to lead others to Christ. There is none that are so despicable in their sinfulness that they cannot be touched by the Word of God. But they won't be as long as someone that has knowledge of the gospel spends their time going .. wellllll ... ummm .... sorta .. kinda .. maybe. Just get the truth out!

At the end of September, I will be a part of a team that is going into a part of Detroit that LITERALLY looks like images you'd see on the news of war torn cities. It is a part of the city where often, even the police won't go. We will be sharing the gospel, first .. and food, listening, understanding ... but we will not be accepting sin. Two friends felt led of the Spirit to leave a wonderful house in a very beautiful state, to be in Detroit .. one of the worse areas of it .. and start a church. (please pray for us) We have high hopes as we've all seen just how amazing and transforming, the gospel is. But for it to transform, it must be clear.

Issachar

Issachar
    Last edited by Issachar; 08-29-2013 at 10:13 PM. Reason: sigh ... spelling
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Issachar praying for you and for the others that are starting the church. May God's glory be shining as bright as the sun on the streets where you preach!As for Joel he has said plenty in his own words to know he preaches a different gospel. I fear for him. His accountability before The Lord will be enormous. I pray that he encounters the True and Living God and comes home. He would be welcomed with open arms and the angels would shout for joy. I do have a question about the idea of all sins being equal, but I will start another thread for that. One thing I do think about Joel is that he is sincere in what he says but he is guy who doesn't want to step on anybody's toes. The Sciptures are clear that the gospel will cause derision even to the dividing of families. So what good does it do to appease and thereby chance the people you preach to, to lose their souls. I imagine that more than a few people will be shocked beyond belief when their sincerity and inclusion of all will not grant them access to heaven. I pray with all my heart that the Holy Spirit convict and woo them to The Lord Jesus Christ and that they have their eyes opened and live in His grace, amen.
    Last edited by JackieJ; 08-30-2013 at 04:34 AM.
    Little Ricky.......So we went to the apple place an grandma picked raspberries......I thought it was a apple place.....oh well I got to pet a donkey which made me squeal with delight....yep I liked that....and I went on a hay ride.....and my grandma took endless pictures....it's like she thinks I change in just a few minutes....oh well....I like the apple place...and next year...if The Lord tarries my grandma always says...I will come back with my sis