Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Family Room - General Fellowship Thread

Do I have a Mad Mouse ??? in my house?

Yes, I put my denture on the end of my dresser as usual last night...wrapped its usual napkin...
    this morning no denture !!!
    I found the napkin on the floor, but the denture had walked off maybe on little mouse feet???
    I heard a mouse last night, but ???

$1000 mouse

Ok Ok Apologize to the (well maybe ) Mad Mice!!! I finally found my denture !! It had either rolled (unlikely!!) several feet from where it had fallen--or the Mad Mouse could not drag it any further

-- I DO hear him right now... so the big game hunt IS ON !!!
    Last edited by lewisb; 03-22-2017, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Debbie

Your PM was full and I couldn't reply

Safe trip

ttfn
      Last edited by SAT; 04-30-2017, 04:49 PM.

Comment

I love being a Geek! Oh, and I LOVE WINDOW 7!!!

Yeah, so ... I've had this great laptop put out by Asus - for many years.
        It had one flaw, though. The graphics adapter has a soldering issue (as I understand it) and the system would freeze up. It finally got so bad I just had to turn it off, back Dec 2015.

I dug...and I dug...and I dug some more...finally found a company in China that said they had a motherboard for it. I debated long and hard and decided to sink the nearly $90 to buy it. I figured, if this works I'll have a really nice laptop for $90. If it doesn't - well, at least I tried. (BTW, this puppy sports an i7 quad-core - it ain't no slouch!).

Got the board and sat on it (not literally!) for SEVERAL weeks. Finally yesterday I dug in. Now, mind you, I have not replaced a systemboard in a laptop in several years so I was not exactly 100% sure of what I was getting into but, alas, as I was working everything was coming back to me and I got it all assembled.

I grabbed the power adapter, plugged it in and almost expected to hear a POP and then smoke but - nope. I hit the power and it starts to boot. As it started I expected, within a few seconds, to see the "BSOD" (blue screen of death). NOPE - it booted right up to Windows 7 login. I'm sitting here, QUITE puzzled and decided, okay, fine...I log in with my userid/password and voila, it's working F I N E.

I have NEVER replaced a board without having to reload the operating system...never. But, then again, I've never had to replace a board on a system that was loaded with Win7 before, either.

VERY HAPPY CAMPER...now I have 2 operational laptops (I do have reasons for wanting them both operational). Quite thankful for how this turned out.

Andy
        On the Asus laptop

Comment

That's good news, Andy. Things don't usually work out that easily!!

Comment

VERY HAPPY CAMPER.
            Bro Andy sounds like a fisherman who has just caught a mess of Tuttog / trout / bass or ________

people are only going to get win 7 updates for a few more months though !!!

that is why I finally left Win XP!!
            Last edited by lewisb; 06-14-2017, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• Well, Summer is almost here! We still have many mornings with our June Gloom, but thats better than the local desert 80 miles East of here which is over 100... Thankfully we almost always have a coastal haze that keeps the mid-summer no more than the 80's..... I joke that we get two weeks of summer and winter here in San Diego... Though last fall was unpleasant... had to use my air conditioner---maybe twice-- Did not really cool down until November.....
              My first two plumbs were Really Good!!! It'll be Christmas before I get my Citrus / Tangellos !!! ...
              My flowers are awesome... my petite English wildflowers "love in a mist" are just beautiful... http://www.monticelloshop.org/600207...FROXfgodxTEJiw

Sadly only a handful of the flower bulbs I planted survived, but are really nice too...
              Last edited by lewisb; 06-26-2017, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lewisb View Post
                Re: Family Room - General Fellowship Thread

people are only going to get win 7 updates for a few more months though !!!
                (
                January 14, 2020. Few years to go.

Comment

• This is probably nothing but ever since I posted Angela Merkel warms to Emmanuel Macron’s eurozone reform vision, and that wasn't how the headline appeared, it has bothered me.
                  Is it possible VBulletin is set on European and not US Like sometimes happens on the keyboard setting of a computer??????

Comment

• My nice used car was stolen today from the parking lot at the trolley station... Just bought it 3 months ago. got $1800 into it...
                    Pray that its not already in Mexico... So guess I will be walking a while... Sigh...

Of course GOD knows all things... I might have been in the wrong place and time if I still had my car... We will only know that in Heaven... I did have to repent after getting really angry at the smug unhelpful police officer who refused to help me and their insane automated system...even said some very descriptive words about it (ducking) anyway I called my pastor and we talked...

Heaven will be SO much nicer than this ugly evil world full of its ugly evil people...
                    Anyway I left Chick tracks all over today so hopefully someone reads one of them...

MAYBE my Plum tree had it in for me as I cut it down yesterday... He called his friend "'Vinnie"" Vine who had his mob take my car!!!
                    Last edited by lewisb; 07-07-2017, 01:06 AM.

Comment

• So very sorry to hear about your car being stolen, Lewis!

Comment

• re. post 264

Of course GOD knows all things... I might have been in the wrong place and time if I still had my car... We will only know that in Heaven... I did have to repent after getting really angry ..
                        Wisdom.

Issachar
                        The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

• Recipes needed for impatient people--- like me... I keep buying the 'Simple" cooking books that people donated to the library...books they didnt want btw... go figure...

Anyway simple to them is a list of ingrediants as long as your arm and to the floor so you can trip over... every ingrediant needing to be beat, rubbed, strained or at least jumped up and down on... I would need a grocery cart full of stuff to make dinner for one

any resource for the desperate stomach that has about got bored to death with the same ol thing same ol way ??? The healthy choice ready made stuff isn't really and makes the stomach long for the real thing... even though those stuffed bell peppers last night were ""ok"" they stunk up the house something aweful though... had to air the place out this morning!!!
                          Maybe I can buy a box of ready mixed ingrediants?

Any simple but good suggestions???

Comment

• Ok... so I bought a used van $900 last week ... turns out it cant be smogged without another $300 repair(sensors) AND the alternator is failing--another $300........
                            on top of that, my credit card # was stollen from the smog place yesterday afternoon and used today to buy $2800 in stuff before my card company called me...
                            so cancelled that card & now it takes 2 weeks to file a claim and get another card in a few days ... The Rapture must be REALLY CLOSE because ol satan is sure piling it on !!! At least I havnt got really mad this time-- guess I must just be too tired!!

Comment

• With all this I just cant afford to go to Cape Cod in September... My plane ticket purchase is not refundable, but I have a year to re-book and use it... Maybe next June, if we are still here!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lewisb View Post
                                With all this I just cant afford to go to Cape Cod in September... My plane ticket purchase is not refundable, but I have a year to re-book and use it... Maybe next June, if we are still here!!!
                                I truly hope that ticket goes to good use - for someone else cuz you and millions of others have mysteriously vanished!

Oh, that's right no mystery: Aliens have taken us to another planet to be rehabilitated so the rest of earth can leap forward in their evolution - after which, we'll be returned to join them.

Comment

Working...
                                X