X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The World Goes Sodom

In Europe, creating a post-gender world one small rule at a time
    By Anthony Faiola June 12

BERLIN — Caitlyn Jenner may have given Americans a crash course in transgender acceptance. But progressive pockets of Europe are moving toward an even higher plane — embracing what advocates describe as a post-gender world that critics say is leaving no room for women to be women and men to be men.

In Berlin, for instance, fresh rules for billboard ads in a district of the liberal German capital read like a new constitution for a land without gender identity. Girls in pink “with dolls” are basically out, as are boys in blue playing “with technical toys.” In ads showing both adult women and men, females cannot be depicted as “hysterical,” “stupid” or “naive” alongside men presented as “technically skilled,” “strong” or “business savvy.”

Adult women — featured alone or otherwise — must not be shown “occupied in the household with pleasure.” And in one stipulation pounced upon by critics, the equal-opportunity board of Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg — home to Checkpoint Charlie and remnants of the Berlin Wall — no longer wants to see images of women “smiling for no reason.”
    Sweden this year added the gender-neutral pronoun “hen” to official dictionaries. The word caught on several years ago when Egalia, a preschool in Stockholm, began using it as a substitute for “boys” or “girls” to avoid referencing gender roles in children.
    Some changes take more getting used to than others. Over the past two years, at least six unisex toilets — most with multiple stalls and some fitted with urinals — have opened in Berlin city administration buildings and theaters. The city is now conducting reviews of public buildings with the aim of establishing dozens more such bathrooms in coming years.

The hope is to create even more spaces where men, women and anyone else can heed the call of nature side by side, doing away with prudish notions of sexual differences.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...entrandom_1_na
    Is it my imagination or is this what countries tend to do as they become more communistic? Of course, it is more than that as we head toward Sodom and Gomorrah?

Comment

I do not believe that Israel is at all off the hook with God's displeasure, just because they're Israel!

Around 180,000 people came to party in central Tel Aviv on Friday (June 12, 2015) for the annual Gay Pride Parade, ...
      source

Ezekiel 16:
      And thine elder sister is Samaria, she and her daughters that dwell at thy left hand: and thy younger sister, that dwelleth at thy right hand, is Sodom and her daughters.
      47 Yet hast thou not walked after their ways, nor done after their abominations: but, as if that were a very little thing, thou wast corrupted more than they in all thy ways.
      48 As I live, saith the Lord GOD, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters.
      49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
      50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.
      51 Neither hath Samaria committed half of thy sins; but thou hast multiplied thine abominations more than they, and hast justified thy sisters in all thine abominations which thou hast done.

Wake up you who have been given the Law of God! Repent!

So many people around the world talking about "freedom" and "civil rights" and blah, blah, blah ..

You are clueless .. ABSOLUTELY clueless .. if you think that doing what you want, is freedom. It's not. In fact, it is the worst sort of bondage.

This whole sodomite issue that is sweeping the world is so very deeply spiritual at it's core. The tolerance and acceptance and promotion of this death style WILL (not maybe) lead to a world of spiritism and paganism that is unprecedented in scale. It is creating a devil's playground and in it, he will play.

Issachar
      The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

No, they have no special favor when it comes to disobedience...in fact they are held to a higher standard and are thus more the guilty.
        The 70th week of Daniel is a purification time for the sons of Jacob and a pouring out of God's wrath on the Gentile nations. The end will be repentance by the Jews and a crushing of all of the enemies of the Jews' Messiah.

Comment

More than 300 Republicans ask Supreme Court to back gay marriage

Sen. Susan Collins, Sen. Mark Kirk and Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker are among 300 Republicans who signed onto a friend of the court brief at the Supreme Court in support of gay marriage.

The high court has scheduled April 28 for oral arguments in a case challenging the ban on same-sex marriage in Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee. The decision by the justices is potentially historic and could add to the rulings and other actions that now make it legal for gay couples to marry in 37 states and the District of Columbia.

TIME magazine reports the effort to show GOP support on the contentious issue is being organized by Ken Mehlman, a former Republican National Committee chairman who managed George W. Bush’s 2004 re-election campaign. Mehlman played a similar role in 2013 before the Supreme Court overturned California’s Proposition 8, which banned gay marriage.

The Republican signatories include billionaire David Koch, former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani, former Utah governor Jon Huntsman, retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal, top aides in Mitt Romney’s 2012 campaign, and a host of current and former members of Congress. Baker, elected in November, was the only sitting GOP governor to sign the brief.

“One of the points that I hope people appreciate when they read the brief is that supporting marriage equality is, in fact, the conservative position,” Mehlman told The Boston Globe ...
          source

It'll be interesting to see what happens once this ruling takes place.

Issachar
          The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Originally posted by Issachar - post 19
            It'll be interesting to see what happens once this ruling takes place.
            Released today:

Issachar

Comment

This only applies to the US, so if the moderators want to move it, no problem! The acceleration of evil continues, hopefully reaching a crescendo soon, with Jesus' Return?

Jun 26, 10:02 AM EDT

SUPREME COURT EXTENDS SAME-SEX MARRIAGE NATIONWIDE

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Supreme Court has declared that same-sex couples have a right to marry anywhere in the United States.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...06-26-10-02-52
              PrideFest 2015

The 2015 festival will be held on June 26-28, 2015 at Soldiers’ Memorial in Downtown St. Louis, Missouri

http://pridestl.org/festival/
              I won't be going to downtown St. Louis, this weekend! Hope the New Madrid fault does not let go, this weekend, in Southeast Missouri, unless it is God's Will, of course!

Coincidentally, we have been having record rain, this past week and month and flooding is possible in the riverfront areas of downtown?
              Last edited by John H.; 06-26-2015, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Sooo lets see what we have accomplished this week. The president now has the right to fashion and enforce laws to their wishes, without regard to how it was written. The president now has the right to fashion trade deals without the input from Congress or the public. And now gay marriage has more legal protection than God defined marriage, even to the point where Biblical Christianity could easily be criminalized. Nice... Jesus come quickly.

Comment

Wow, it's really getting bad as I sit here listening to Rush and he is saying things like (regarding the Sodomite ruling), "this is a spiritual battle", "words no longer matter", etc.! Not saying Rush is a believer (only God knows) but he seems to be sensing something and has been lamenting about the moral decline, in America, for some time?

Comment

Just something I found interesting.

Remarks by the President on the Supreme Court Decision on Marriage Equality

I know that Americans of goodwill continue to hold a wide range of views on this issue. Opposition in some cases has been based on sincere and deeply held beliefs. All of us who welcome today’s news should be mindful of that fact; recognize different viewpoints; revere our deep commitment to religious freedom.
                    https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...riage-equality

Fascinating.

U.S. cuts aid to Uganda, cancels military exercise over anti-gay law

http://wedg.millenniumweekend.org/fo...+states+Uganda

The separation between the political system and religion. The determination to encourage, worldwide, one form of government, void of religious views.

At this point I can't help but recall the message of all the religious leaders (one world religion) at Davos a number of years ago, when they spoke about the new order. Their message was simple, it would never work void of "faith". That faith would have to rise as it is part of man to "believe".
                    Last edited by SAT; 06-26-2015, 12:44 PM.

Comment

IMHO a line was just crossed... in the wrong direction. I anticipate judgment will follow, perhaps soon. Interesting that the Court is made up of six Roman Catholics and three Jews. The Scriptures are supposedly foundational to both these groups... yet the Author of the Scriptures has just been insulted by those who purport to honor His name. May God above have mercy on us all.

Comment

A few years ago I switched the 'i' and the 't'.

Today (expected), the Unpreme Court affirmed that switch is seriously appropriate. The Untied States of America .. untied from it's constitution, untied from sound economics, untied from morals, untied from truth (relativism) ..

Of course, these .. and more .. are expected in these last days. Let us continue steadfast in the Word of the Lord.

Hosea 4:
                        Hear the word of the LORD, O children of Israel, for the LORD has a controversy with the inhabitants of the land. There is no faithfulness or steadfast love, and no knowledge of God in the land;
                        2 there is swearing, lying, murder, stealing, and committing adultery; they break all bounds, and bloodshed follows bloodshed.

Psalms 136:
                        It is he who remembered us in our low estate, for his steadfast love endures forever;
                        24 and rescued us from our foes, for his steadfast love endures forever;

Issachar

Comment

ref post 24

I know that Americans of goodwill continue to hold a wide range of views on this issue. Opposition in some cases has been based on sincere and deeply held beliefs. All of us who welcome today’s news should be mindful of that fact; recognize different viewpoints; revere our deep commitment to religious freedom.
                          That is American politic speak for "preemptive damage control."

Issachar

Comment

ref post 27

".. deep commitment to religious freedom."

He lies, perhaps especially, here. Wouldn't "religious freedom" mean that one can practice their religion? While that works, White House occupant, for all that do not have a conviction of their beliefs, it does not work for the "wedding business" folks that hold to their beliefs.

It'll be interesting to see where this goes with radio broadcasters, the pulpit .. etc., in the near future; near future being .. the next few days.

Issachar

Comment

I know this isn't a comfort, but it went down exactly the same way it went down in Canada and other places. Law, human rights. With one exception, Ireland.
                              Last edited by SAT; 06-26-2015, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Ya'alon: I hope Israel follows US lead and permits gay marriage

Israeli liberals celebrated the historic ruling while voicing hope that the Jewish state would one day join the 21 countries who have officially legalized homosexual unions.
                                http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Pol...arriage-407263

Comment

Working...
                                X