Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lion will Lie down with the Lamb... Where is it????!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Lion will Lie down with the Lamb... Where is it????!!!!

Agree Issachar. And don't forget Matthew 24:35, Mark 13:31, and Luke 21:33.

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
    If Satan could supernaturally change words in the Bible, this would invalidate Christ's words quoted here, and frankly, we would all be in trouble.

HSB, I've got you beat. The King Jimmy my father gave me for Christmas 1953 says "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb...."

The Lion and lamb lying together has NEVER been in the Bible. It's sort of like people attributing the phrase "God helps those who help themselves" to the Bible. That's not there either.

Here's another thing to consider. Isaiah is replete with metaphors. Rather than taking this verse and the following about a lion eating straw literally, some scholars have opined that these verses describe a total moral and cultural change in the millennium. For the lion to eat straw would mean an entire physiological change- his teeth, organs, appetite. It would literally mean it would become a different creature, no longer a lion. I'm leaning towards these verses being metaphorical, but specifically what they are metaphors for- there are so many interpretations- I haven't got a clue. In general terms, I think they describe a period- the Millennium- when everything is changed, culturally, socially, and morally.

And Butterfly, don't concern yourself with the lion vs the wolf argument. The verse has been misquoted for years, and IMO doesn't mean a literal lion and wolf anyway.

wlnf

Comment

Originally posted by wlnf
      Here's another thing to consider. Isaiah is replete with metaphors. Rather than taking this verse and the following about a lion eating straw literally, some scholars have opined that these verses describe a total moral and cultural change in the millennium. For the lion to eat straw would mean an entire physiological change- his teeth, organs, appetite. It would literally mean it would become a different creature, no longer a lion. I'm leaning towards these verses being metaphorical, but specifically what they are metaphors for- there are so many interpretations- I haven't got a clue. In general terms, I think they describe a period- the Millennium- when everything is changed, culturally, socially, and morally.
      Possibly metaphorical as we know the Word often has at least double meanings in some instances.

But I mostly see it as simply a description of how God will make things at some future point, as they were before there was sin. Before sin, God tells us that animals did not eat one another.

Genesis 1:
      And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
      30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

That means lions and dinosaurs and eagles and people .. everything that lives on the earth or flies around in the air, ate plants and plant products .. e.g. seeds.

In the future, whether millennial or new earth or both, things will be restored to that. There will be animals in heaven, but not blood shed; not death.

Acts 3:
      Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Why did this (well documented) story happen? Perhaps it was simply the Lord's way of affirming yet another aspect of His Word?

More Info on that veggie lion

Also, during WWII, some lions and other carnivores were kept alive at the London Zoo with veggies .. ok, plant life.

Lea, the spaghetti lioness

by David Catchpoole

Watched by camera-toting journalists, in January 2002 a very remarkable lioness named Lea arrived at the Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve near Johannesburg, South Africa, after a 30-hour journey from Rome, Italy.

Why ‘very remarkable’? Because this seven-year-old female feline did not fit the ‘ferocious carnivore’ lion stereo­type, having been raised not on meat but on a diet of potatoes, green vegetables and cheesy pasta. Lea had in fact been nicknamed the ‘Spaghetti Kid’ after her favourite food, spaghetti, which she especially loved flavoured with Neapolitan sauce.2,3 And now the caretakers at her new home in South Africa were facing ‘the real challenge’, for the first time in Lea’s life, of introducing this ‘Spaghetti Kid’ to meat and to the companionship of other lions.
      MORE

The cat who refuses to eat meat

by Carl Wieland

Living as we do in a cursed, post-Fall world, it’s hard to imagine a cat that would refuse to eat meat—and whose palate cannot even be tempted by fish.

Some previous articles of ours (see below) have covered such things as lions brought up on non-meat diets like pasta, cheese and eggs—which highlights that even today, some animals that are believed to be “obligate carnivores” do not actually need to eat meat after all. But Britain’s “veggie cat” seems truly unique.

Called “Dante”, the black and white feline was found by Miss Becky Page, abandoned and starving, as a fluffy kitten. A tasty bowl of chicken was rejected. Dante also turned his nose up at a serve of fish. But when he spied some leftover vegetables, the starving youngster hungrily devoured them.

Now two years old, Dante has resolutely stuck to his vegetarian diet ever since, despite many offers of even the finest canned cat food. His owner grows most of the organic delights he savours—both fruits and vegetables. His favourites include brussels sprouts and asparagus, melon and rhubarb, and he “has been known to raid the fruit bowl for bananas”.1

Miss Page insists that Dante does not supplement his diet with wild prey. Not only has she never seen him stalking anything living (only bits of string) but, she says, he hates to even go outside. Also, Page keeps “three chickens, a rabbit, two guinea pigs, a rat, a hamster and fish at her home”, but Dante is not even remotely interested in adding them to his menu.

Veterinary experts advise that cats (unlike humans, or even dogs) absolutely cannot get certain nutrients from any source other than meat. Even vegetarian cat foods contain synthetic versions of these vital ingredients. So Dante’s owner tries to smuggle the occasional scrap of meat into his food. When he spies this, though, Dante studiously leaves the meat behind.

MORE

What about piranha?

What about a vegetarian shark?

Suffice it to say that much of the original creation changed when man, who has dominion, sinned. But, through Christ, all will be restored ..

God's Word is truth and all else must fit into it. Praise God .. that is getting easier to see as time moves on and more discoveries are made.

Issachar
      Last edited by Issachar; 06-02-2016, 09:51 PM.
      The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Originally posted by Butterfly View Post
        HSB, that is exactly my point!!!!

My memory is not flawed. I am 100% certain of this passage stating the lion will lay down with the lamb and some carnivorous animal (non plant eating animal) will eat straw like the ox. That animal I can't remember at the moment. I am telling you, brothers and sisters, memorize key Scriptures now because with each passing day, the verbiage every Bible on the planet will change.
        Butterfly,
        With all due respect can you not see the pride required to be so confident in a memory as to claim that billions of Bible are being modified because your memory is so completely unimpeachable? I too recall being amazed to discover that the verse said wolf rather than lion, but my "aha" moment occurred while I was in college nearly 40 years ago. Would you then claim that the enemy had already begun this scheme to alter printed text back in 1977? If your memory is more to be trusted than the memories of believers literally around the world and the printed text itself, how is it that this same perfectly flawless memory can't identify the carnivorous animal that will eat straw like an ox? Please step away from this argument. I'm not insisting that you "recant", just asking that you stop escalating the argument.
        Yours in Christ,
        michaelj

P.S. Your plea to all believers exhorting them to commit scripture to memory is perfectly good advice and absolutely what scripture itself commands us to do

Comment

A good question would be, why have so many people been lead to believe that the verse says something other than what it says? I was also surprised when I could not find the verse I had been so certain was there somewhere. How could it be that we've been quoting it wrong our whole lives and so many along with us? Who is responsible for that whopper? Everyone believes it's a lion and a lamb until they finally look for it and find its not. As well, I have often read something over and over only to discover that when I did a word by word study, it actually said something completely different than what I had thought. But I had to concede that I had been wrong all along and accept the sheer fact that my mind had the capability of deceiving me, and only the truth of the Word could set me straight. But thank God for the Light of Truth to set us straight.

Comment

bibles back to 1611 don't have that phrase either
            http://www.andrewcorbett.net/articles/lion-lamb/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandylion View Post
              A good question would be, why have so many people been lead to believe that the verse says something other than what it says?
              It's Woody Allen's fault. It was he that said " The lion will lie down with the lamb... but the lamb won't get much sleep"

Comment

This is my last comment about this subject.

After I was so ridiculed by nearly everybody who posted on this thread, I went online and did a search to see if anyone else noticed the text of Isaiah 11:6 being changed. I got many Websites by people saying this very Scripture changed, and countless You Tube videos authored by people who stated the text of this Scripture changed, as well as many other Scriptures changed mostly in King James Bibles all over Earth.

Yes, MichaelJ, I realize Isaiah 65:25 is the one where it says "The wolf and the lamb will graze together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox;" NASB. This Scripture may not have changed. I haven't encountered anyone reporting changes to this one. I understand the wolf is the predator and the lamb is the prey. I also understand the lion would tear the lamb to pieces in their natural state, which is why it makes sense. When you search on Isaiah 11:6 pictures, why are there countless pictures (pages and pages and pages) of a lion and the lamb laying together with the words, "the wolf will dwell with the lamb", and only a few pictures of a wolf laying with a lamb with that wording?

If I had not read Isaiah 11:6 literally hundreds of times I would not be so staunch on it beginning, "And the lion will lay down the lamb..." and it being inscribed and hidden in my heart. And the fact that after I posted my question here to people I believed to be safe, loving, accepting and who would never ridicule me, and then I came to learn that countless other people have the same unwavering and unyielding positions on their remembrance if this Scripture word for word and exactly as I have it memorized and hidden in my heart completely unknown to me and independent of me just prior and around the same time as I was making my discovery.... well, I am even more convinced. Is this phenomenon fairly recent, the past year or so, around the time Cern came back online? Just looking at dots and asking questions to connect the dots. Something we've always done here on WeDG.

And believe me, I am skeptical about what people say in YouTube videos, especially when it comes to this subject of this Mandela Effect, which is what I learned about for the very first time when I did the online search, "Did Isaiah 11:6 change?" And after I posted this thread because I trusted you all to be kind and supportive. So, for the past what 2 or 3 weeks I have been studying this Mandela Effect online. Different topic. Not another word from me about it. I believe it is indeed happening, I will not discuss it here. This is not the same forum it used to be. A handful of you were kind and respectful to me and I thank you.

I am not wrong about the texts of Isaiah 11:6 and even many more texts in these books entitled "The Bible" that I learned have changed. Notice I didn't say, I am not wrong about the Word of God changing. Computer screens and books can change. The Word of God is and will always be the same. Yeshua is the Word of God. Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. The book called "The Bible" or "The Holy Bible" is a book with that title. The words inside these books and other books as well as movies and TV shows have changed through matter manipulation of paper and ink by demonic supernatural abilities, quantum computers and quantum physics at Cern (IMO); however, the WORD OF GOD has not changed, cannot change, and will never change.

Regarding what I said in my last paragraph.. do I understand how it can happen? No. If I stood up in front of ten of you and made ten statements aloud and each of you wrote down on paper with pencil what I said exactly word for word, and then each of you erased what I said and reworded or changed some of the words with that same pencil on paper, and I read what you all rewrote, did you change what I said? No. I still said what I said and regardless of you erasing and changing the pencil marks on the paper, I still said what I said. God still said what He said. If texts in the books called, "The Bible" got changed, would Genesis 1:1 still be in effect? Of course. Nothing, no created thing can change God's Word.

I think that I will just leave This discussion forum that I have been lurking and posting on since 1999. The spirit and over all climate of WeDG is changed. I don't detect the same Christian fellowship, or Christian love as before except from a few of you ... I don't detect the same excitement as before especially around 2011 when the contractions and birth pangs really started up again and then the hard labor stopped for a little while, I stopped lurking and now we're in hard labor again but where is the same excitement as before? I thought we could discuss topics about End Times and Prophesy in a safe and loving environment as Watchmen and as we Watch the Day approaching. And so quickly!

One last word, I hope you all memorize KJV scriptures, especially the NT because the verses will continue to change (the ink on the paper as well as online texts), IMO.

Go ahead and scoff, and laugh, but please indulge me one more P.S.

What if ..... Why else, after the Pre-Tribulation Rapture, would God have to commission 144,000 Jewish evangelists, The Two Witnesses, and the angel to fly through the air, all three groups to preach the Gospel and the Word of God to the inhabitants of the Earth left behind after the Rapture??? See Rev. 7, 11, 14. .................. Why do these three groups come on the scene to preach the Word of God to the inhabitants of the earth after the Rapture?? Could it be that all the Bibles on earth have changed so much and our merciful God wants the people to know how to be saved and to know to NOT take the Mark of the Beast!!!

The Day is approaching faster than any of us imagined and Satan is so wicked that he would change the words of every Bible that warns people from taking the Mark of the Beast. He wants to take as many people to Hell with him as he can and he never plays fair. Anyone who take the Mark is damned. I always assumed just like all of you, that the Bibles would be left behind perfectly preserved and reliable for those left behind to read them and help them navigate through the Tribulation period, just as our Bibles have been preserved and reliable to help us navigate. I'm just saying what if? Wouldn't that be something Satan would do? It's going to be very bad, folks. Worse than we ever imagined. I personally don't believe all of the Body of Christ will be Raptured, only those Watching and have oil in their lamps. I've heard many Christians tell me after I say Jesus is coming soon, "Oh, I hope not... " Many Christians are in love with this world. They have this going on and that going on and would rather stay here because of this and that. Not me.

"For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened." Matt 24:21

Comment

How to respond to Butterfly's last post. Maybe we don't, but simply pray for her. I went back and reread all the posts, and I didn't see a one where she
                  was so ridiculed by nearly everybody who posted on this thread.
                  Most of us simply took exception to her attestation that a specific Bible verse was supernaturally changed in every Bible in the world. Regardless of whether the verse says "lion" or "wolf", the underlying meaning of the verse is the same in either case: in the Millennium, there will be peace, a time where everything is changed, where even all the animals will live in harmony with each other. Bible translations do differ in terminology, and sometimes words are even missing. For example, in Isaiah 11:7, some translations mention the lion, calf, and fatling, while others change "fatling" to "yearling". (Both terms can mean a young sheep, by the way.) Some mention neither. But the underlying meaning of the verse is the same. Bible Gateway lists 54 English translations alone, some old, some new, some "updated". Does that mean none of these accurately reflect the meaning of the original text? Not at all. As I said, terminologies change, writing styles change to make the text more comprehensible to the period for which they are addressed. Can you imagine trying to make sense of a Bible written in Olde English? But again, the underlying meanings of the texts do not change.

I will agree with her in one aspect. WEDG has changed over the years. We don't talk prophesy as much as we used to. Very few post new threads- over the past two months, only nine different people have posted threads, and some of those only once. Some even start their own threads and fill up the next two pages with their own comments, occasionally even hijacking their own original post. When was the last time someone asked a question about a specific Bible verse, something we used to do frequently? And I too have experienced animosity, one poster even challenging my Christianity because I challenged his interpretation of a Bible verse.

We need to get back to the basics, the core of this ministry. Moderators, I recommend you get together and discuss this and come up with a game plan.

wlnf

Comment

Originally posted by WasLostNowFound View Post
                    I will agree with her in one aspect. WEDG has changed over the years. We don't talk prophesy as much as we used to. Very few post new threads- over the past two months, only nine different people have posted threads, and some of those only once. Some even start their own threads and fill up the next two pages with their own comments, occasionally even hijacking their own original post. When was the last time someone asked a question about a specific Bible verse, something we used to do frequently? And I too have experienced animosity, one poster even challenging my Christianity because I challenged his interpretation of a Bible verse.

We need to get back to the basics, the core of this ministry. Moderators, I recommend you get together and discuss this and come up with a game plan.

wlnf
                    WLNF,

I understand and appreciate the concern that you, Butterfly and others have expressed about the board not being like it used to be. The whole world and everything in it is changing rapidly. I recall very recently feeling oppressed, almost suffocated, by the evil overspreading the world (our own country being where I see it most vividly). The evil has not diminished, there has been no repentance, no turning of the tide; yet I don't "feel" it as profoundly. That frightens me. It suggests that I'm getting used to the darkness, like when you first turn out the lights and the room seems totally dark but moments later your eyes adjust and it doesn't seem nearly as dark. In that illustration the amount of light in the room has not changed, our pupils adjust to let in more of what little light is present in the room. That experience leads one to say..."hmm, I guess it's not as dark as I thought it was". Wrong. It is every bit as dark as I thought it was. I "adapted" to the darkness.

Matt. 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

We are most assuredly living in the last days. Iniquity abounds. The love of many indeed grows cold. I see it and I feel it. Butterfly, I trust you are still reading though you don't feel the liberty to post at the moment. Please trust that I never meant to ridicule you. Please forgive me if you felt that I did. My post where I spoke directly to you was meant to admonish, not ridicule. In another post I quoted a line from Woody Allen because I always laughed when I thought about what he said. Perhaps my inserting that joke into the conversation was unwise and inappropriate. I'm sorry.

WLNF, honestly I don't know that there is anything we (moderators and administrators) can do to turn the tide. The burden is on every one of us to recognize what's happening around us and seek all the more diligently to draw near to God and to reflect His love which has in no wise grown cold.

Comment

In any case, a good reminder for us to be sensitive to others feelings and try to empathize with how they may perceive our response.

Comment

Working...
                      X