Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthew Mark Luke and John are Old Testiment books!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Matthew Mark Luke and John are Old Testiment books!!!

part of belief is repentance .. when we believe GOD our life changes... Paul mentions the Gentiles turning from idols which is repenting of their former lives....
    living good decent loving lives having repented of their / our former behavior...
    different books & authors have different wording but the same message

Comment

re comment #64
      Lewis, are you aware that according to Revelation 21:2 the New Jerusalem comes down to earth?

Comment

Re comment #70
        I read somewhere that Hebrews measured the outside circumference of solid objects like pillars but the inside of open objects (like the "sea") If the inside circumference was 30 cubits that would make the diameter 9.55 cubits, approximately half a cubit less than the described diameter rim to rim (measured outside to outside) The "missing" half cubit is the width of the rim, approximately 9 inches.

Comment

Re. Post 78

True. The skeptics are thoroughly wrong for at least two reasons.

Issachar
          The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Lewis, are you aware that according to Revelation 21:2 the New Jerusalem comes down to earth?
            Hi HSB...
            Thing is, How far >down< is ""down"" ???

Down from the 3rd heaven to orbit? down to above the Clouds?... Down to my aunt Myrtle's cow pasture?
            We dont really know... there are lots of opinions on this all based on insufficent evidence...

If not actually landed on Earth, how would the kings of the Earth bring their glory into the New Jerusalem???
            Maybe Scottie beams them up ??? or maybe just wanting to be there makes them appear there???

We really don't know

Comment

re. post 80 ..

Lewis, God is not playing with us.

There are those that will not accept a 'day' in Genesis as being a day as is commonly understood despite God specifying "evening and morning." Their excuse (one of many)? God was talking to people without understanding of science (falsely so called) and put it in words the people could understand. Of course this is beyond absurd. He did not create dumb people.

1 Timothy 6:
              O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
              Last edited by Issachar; 07-22-2017, 06:34 PM.
              The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

v.25 - Who are the "kings of the earth"?
                ruleing on the earth in eternal kingdoms after the new Heavens and new Earth...... Who rules? Well during the Millennial kingdom this rule is promised to the trib saints martyrs Rev 19...
                According to Dispensationism you just knew I was going there didnt you ???
                The Church lives in the New Jerusalem, while the Millennial saints, old testiment saints and Trib saints live in kingdoms on the Earth forever...
                Seems the judgment of Angels is our job!!!
                1Co_6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Will they leave the earth to "bring their glory and honour into it."?
                Depends on if the New Jerusalem actually lands ON the earth... otherwise maybe GOD will send them Elijah's fiery chariot to give them a ride???
                Last edited by lewisb; 05-08-2017, 05:54 PM. Reason: content

Comment

Working...
                X