Report China deploys 150,000 troops on N Korea border

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report China deploys 150,000 troops on N Korea border

Should read deployed to border not on border...

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/midday...order-cm772273

The benchmark averages have surrendered earlier gains on news that China has deployed 150,000 troops to the North Korean border, and the U.S. is considering further sanctions against Russia. The reports caused the S&P 500 to falter at trendline resistance at 2,370 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average to fall back to support at the 50-day moving average

China and S. Korea threaten tougher sanctions on N. Korea

http://www.euronews.com/2017/04/10/c...on-north-korea
    Last edited by cnav; 04-10-2017, 12:45 PM.

Re: Report China deploys 150,000 troops to N Korea border

Wow China really doesn't want North Koreans to cross over the border if something does start.

Report China deploys 150,000 troops to N Korea border

North Korea said to ready nuclear test as tensions climb

WASHINGTON — North Korea is ready to launch a nuclear test at its Punggye-ri Nuclear Test Site, the 38 North monitoring group reported on Wednesday.
    http://www.timesofisrael.com/north-k...ensions-climb/

Comment

North Korea said to ready nuclear test as tensions climb
      So hard to believe there'd be war between U.S. and N. Korea. There very well may be. What's hard to believe is that someone that was just born in 1984 can wield so much power.

Nuclear test? It's not a test imho. They already know what works. I'd say it's more fear than anything. They don't want war .. not with the U.S. anyway but their/his pride is too great to buzz off. So another nuke explosion is them saying, "Don't mess .."

I'm thinking the rest of the world, especially the West and in particular the U.S. won't be deterred. They wouldn't need to be if Kim Jong-in would just mind his own business and stop being such a tyrant.

What's really sad is how many people would die over there should even a fairly limited exchange occur. What can he possibly hope to gain? There missiles would have to travel a long time to ever get to the U.S. We'd blast them long before they get here. And he must know, I would think, that there is more to the U.S. Navy than what he can see on top of the water?

Issachar
      The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Re: Report China deploys 150,000 troops on N Korea border

Japanese warships to join US fleet near North Korea as tensions rise
        source

Issachar
        The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Foreign journalists in North Korea told to prepare for 'big' event

Foreign journalists visiting North Korea have been told to prepare for a "big and important event" on Thursday, although there were no indications it was directly linked to tensions in the region over the isolated state's nuclear weapons program.
          http://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/F...medium=twitter

Comment

China warns against force as North Korea prepares celebration

Military force cannot resolve tension over North Korea, China said on Thursday, while an influential Chinese newspaper urged the North to halt its nuclear program in exchange for Chinese protection.
            http://www.reuters.com/article/us-no...+World+News%29

Comment

JohnR, being just a little closer to the area than the rest of us; hearing anything locally on this matter with N. Korea?

Issachar

Comment

Air China to suspend Beijing-Pyongyang flights

China's national airline, Air China, suspended flights from Beijing to the North Korean capital, Pyongyang, from late on Friday, Chinese state broadcaster CCTV said.
                It did not say why the flights, which operate on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, were being suspended. DEBKAfile: the suspension of civil flights is a sign of peak tension around North Korea.
                The last flight between the two cities took place on Friday, with the return flight to Beijing arriving in the early evening, the broadcaster said. 
                http://www.debka.com/newsupdate/2036...ngyang-flights

Comment

Wonder if the world is starting to see our new President as a trigger-happy, loose-cannon that is poised and ready to pull the trigger on an all-out World War.

Comment

Nothing out of the ordinary here. This weekend is the anniversary of Kim Il Sung's birthday, but nothing unusual.

Comment

jmvho

I don't think from reading, the other leaders believe Trump is a loose canon...yet. They are actually a little quiet, as many of the world powers are either in the line of fire or facing elections in the very near future. Some in days and some in weeks.

If I have this right North Koreans have been taught to believe they are superior to everyone else, including the Chinese. So China's offer won't work.

Threatening them??? That probably won't work any more then many of the cult leaders we have seen. The mentality just isn't there and soon they will have the upper hand. Never mind it would force many South Koreans to be divided. Short of North Korea doing something unprovoked they could feel anger if they are attacked.

I suspect the Chinese, if only behind closed doors, need to admit they made mistakes in the past allowing this to go this far, thinking the North Koreans wouldn't be a problem for them. And thinking they could use them as a tool of power, without that extreme mentality coming back to bite them.

Will North Korea provoke?? No. Not until they have what they believe will be their ultimate protection. But that time is short.

Will Trump do something unprovoked by North Korea??? No. But I do suspect there is a lot of talk going on behind closed doors including with China. The Chinese troops along the border and no flights out???? are a very loud message to North Korean elites who aren't exactly feeling secure in their positions already in North Korea. Taking a small crack in their thoughts and making it much larger. There has been talk from those who escaped to affirm the cracks. They really don't want to die or have their families die at the hand of Kim or in war. Every move they have made has been to avoid either.

I would suspect they will first attempt more of the "new weapons of warfare" working quickly behind the scenes. Many of the same weapons used in the Arab Spring, but also some added ones.

But just pure speculation on my behalf, and so many things could happen, like misfires, to change the reality.

misfire-to miss an intended effect or objective
                      Last edited by SAT; 04-15-2017, 10:33 AM.

Comment

PS
                        The key player in the "new weapons of warfare" is probably the work China is doing behind the scenes, behind Kim's back.
                        At least imvho that would be the smart thing. If Kim finds out and starts killing more of the elite the cracks will become huge. If he doesn't catch on....

and...

Trump backs off fiscal pledges and adopts centrist policies that he once fought

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.00ae8f2e461c

and...

Fareed Zakaria: The return of the center
                        http://wedg.millenniumweekend.org/fo...-of-the-center
                        Last edited by SAT; 04-15-2017, 10:42 AM.

Comment

US said preparing strike to ‘utterly destroy’ N. Korean nuclear program

“They’ll do anything it takes. Nothing is off the table. They think they’ve got the capabilities to target things and utterly destroy them. They are confident they know where everything is and can target it efficiently,” one British official was quoted as saying.
                          Another source told the Times that US officials “are getting to the point where they think they may have to take out the facilities preemptively…. They are much closer to taking military action than they were a year ago.”
                          http://www.timesofisrael.com/us-said...clear-program/

Comment

Originally posted by SAT View Post
                            jmvho

Threatening them??? That probably won't work any more then many of the cult leaders we have seen. The mentality just isn't there and soon they will have the upper hand. Never mind it would force many South Koreans to be divided. Short of North Korea doing something unprovoked they could feel anger if they are attacked.

Sat,
                            Just wondering what you mean by "...force many South Koreans to be divided"?

Comment

Hi John
                              Hope you and yours had a blessed Easter.

When I listen to people in South Korea talk about North Korea it is different from "some" you hear over here. You are reminded, for them they are still very much "Koreans". I guess the best way I can think of to put it??? It is very much like a cult. Outside family members pray the cult leader can be eliminated and their family members given the chance to shake off the crazy ideology, and find a new life. Freedom. And that is how they want it handled. The family members can get very angry about the way those in authority chose to handle the problem.

It is German soldiers and western soldiers celebrating Christmas together, but probably closer to the heart for those in South Korea as they have family and friends on the other side. They aren't just the enemy as "some" over here like to portray it. They are family.
                              Last edited by SAT; 04-16-2017, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X