Russian flyovers of Canadian bases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian flyovers of Canadian bases

I think this is significant but the last thread went in a bad direction and I was asked to remove it.

Let's keep it to the subject and potential ramifications (including/especially prophetically, if that applies), please.

I believe Russia is being emboldened in ways not seen since the Soviet Union...anyone disagree?

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/russian...week-1.3377575

Re: Russian flyovers of Canadian bases

Hi Andy...just adding this from another thread...I agree something different is going on. This following article talks about Russia not only provoking the U.S. but they are also coming close to American allies' coastlines...like Japan causing them too to scramble jets. Interesting article! It made me think back to this article too. Apparently a lot of this is not completely unusual in itself, but the timing and frequency is unusual. Personally, I never knew until now Russia is flying over Canadian bases at a time like this....have to say why?...and why now?

4x in 4 days...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/21/politi...ump/index.html

Part of larger strategy

Moscow, for its part, said it "regularly carries out patrol missions above the neutral waters of the Arctic, the Atlantic, the Black Sea and the Pacific Ocean."

"All such missions are carried out in strict compliance with international regulations and with respect to national borders," the Russian Defense Ministry said in a written statement.

But this week's encounter plays into a larger effort by Russian President Vladimir Putin "to prove Russia is back in the game," according to Howard Stoffer, a former State Department staffer.

"This kind of cat-and-mouse stuff has been going on for a while now," Stoffer told CNN, adding that Putin "is trying to put the US on notice that the Russians are everywhere and are back to expanding the limits of expanding their military power.
    "It is one thing when you fly to be noticed," he said. "When the Russians buzz US ships, that is an unprofessional action because upsets the operation and is dangerous for all parties involved ... that is where the line that is drawn."

US officials have echoed Stoffer's stance as recently as February, after the USS Porter had three encounters with Russian aircraft while sailing in the Black Sea.

Those encounters were deemed unsafe and unprofessional because of how close the Russian planes flew to the American destroyer, a senior defense official said at the time.

Moscow denied that its aircraft had made any unsafe moves.

Russian aircraft have also been spotted recently flying near the coastline of US allies, including Japan, which has scrambled fighter jets four times this month in response, according to a statement from the Japanese Foreign Ministry.

Last edited by cnav; 04-21-2017, 10:58 AM.

Comment

I'm struck by the absence of the US from bible prophecy except as the "young lions of Tarshish." I've heard it said elsewhere that the U.S. can't fight several places at once. I wonder if there might be attempts to draw US forces away from Syria becasue Russia knows they would have trouble agaisnt the US, but if they can throw some diversions the US's way, then suddenly they can get American forces out of Syria and thus be allowed free range to do what theyw ant. Then, if Ezekiel 38 is really close, it would be a way for the US to not be able to get involved.

Indeed, even if it's Ezekiel 38 at first, this is a plausible strategy. Right now, Russia cares more about Syria, I think, than anyplace; even North Korea, where the dictator has no real pull wit6h putin to my knowledge and where the status quo seems just fine. Also, what would Russia want with the area around Canada, anyway? However, the natural resources of the MIddle East are something they really need. If they buddy up with Turkey enough, in fact, and can build bases in Syria, there's the warm water port they've wanted for the last 2+ centuries.

So, I don't think it's provokingus to try to go to war as much as it is trying to nudge us in other directions, get us to take our eyes off of the Middle East.
      My books for sale http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Baseballifsandmore
      Please print, pass on these items:
      http://biblebloggenesis.blogspot.com/ May start other books
      http://takethespirituallead.blogspot.com/-Fr. 2 Kings 4, spiritual leadership in difficult families

Comment

I saw this a few days ago...re: Russia's Arctic miliary base

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tary-base.html

Russia has unveiled a new Arctic military base capable of housing 150 troops as well as nuclear-ready warplanes.

The triangular complex, painted in the red, white and blue of the Russia's tricolor flag, has been built in remote Alexandra Land in the Franz Josef Archipelago.

While parts of the base remain top secret, military chiefs have offered a glimpse at the interior of the building.

It comes as part of Russia's largest Arctic military push since the fall of the Soviet Union and as Moscow moves to lay claim to the region's huge oil and gas reserves - believe to be worth as much as £23trillion.

Also re: Canada...with Russia's interest in the U.S. they may be interested in checking out their neighbour's military bases such as they are...Trenton for one in the article isn't far from the U.S. border (2 hr drive to Ft Drum, NY)... out West bases in some cases are close to the U.S. border as well. I know British troops have been coming for training out West.

How routine everything is I wouldn't know.
        Last edited by cnav; 04-21-2017, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X