Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. air force to test missile off West Coast

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...425-story.html

An unarmed intercontinental ballistic missile will be launched Wednesday from Vandenberg Air Force Base to test the weapon’s effectiveness, accuracy and readiness, according to the Air Force Global Strike Command.

The Minuteman III missile test launch will occur between 12:01 and 6:01 a.m. from the north end of the base near Lompoc, according to Vandenberg’s 30th Space Wing. The 576th Flight Test Squadron, which will help oversee the operational test launch, is responsible for telemetry, tracking and command destruct systems on the missile.

In a statement, Col. Chris Moss, Vandenberg’s 30th Space Wing commander, said missile launches are “essential to verify the status of our national nuclear force and to demonstrate our national nuclear capabilities.”

Re: U.S. Air Force to launch test missile off Central California coast

when launched in the late afternoon the missile leaves a really colorful contrail that can be seen over an area of hundreds of miles for hours... wind at high altitudes spreads it out in wierd patterns all across the western sky approaching sunset ...

Comment

Re: U.S. Air Force to launch test missile off Central California coast

Did you see it Lewis? I did not .. Ohio is a bit away.

source/article

Issachar
      The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Re: U.S. air force to test missile off West Coast

I was counting sheep at the time

Comment

Re: U.S. air force to test missile off West Coast

Sleeping bag .. one eye open ..

Issachar
          The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Working...
          X