Alternative facts and fake news in "science"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative facts and fake news in "science"

The Editor of the bastion of "real-thought", Sky and Telescope magazine had a great op/ed in his "Spectrum" column this month... Wining about "fake science and fake news", he went on a slobber-fest accusing people like us of spamming "fake science" all over the gullible mob who cling to their guns and Bibles and reject the vomit of the scientific establishment ...
    First I noted Herr Doctor/ Professor Steven Hawking's famous quote that "all science is based on assumptions"

Then He gave 5 points that I reworded into the mantra of the elite:
    1&2 observe something and craft a hypothesis consistant with acceptable scientific hypothesis...
    3 Make predictions based on desired outcomes
    4 Test your predictions and modify your assumptions to assure the outcome required by scientific dogma...
    5 repeat your testing to establish a result that assures your tenure and funding ...

I kinda doubt it will be published...........

Re: Alternative facts and fake news in "science"

It was published Lewis when you clicked on Post Reply.

Your modified 5 points are pretty decent. They mostly apply to the current evolution religion though, not science.

If you want to be logical, you have to believe that nothing made everything out of nothing. Hey .. happens all the time doesn't it? ugh ..

Yes, Bill deNye [truth] is in quite the lime light now. Funny thing (but with deadly consequences) about atheists; they fight hard against something that shouldn't matter if they were consistent with their own fake worldview. They spend a LOT of time, a LOT of money and various resources, with the full weight of the government(s) behind them, trying to debunk something they don't even believe exists. Why? Because, they say, mankind must .. oops, I mean personhood must not be deceived by those that believe in God; especially God the Creator. Why? That's the million dollar question with an always super cheap answer; "for the betterment of the human race and all life on the planet as well as the planet itself." Sure. Liars. Willfully ignorant.

The atheist believes that when we die, there is nothing .. no memory, no consciousness .. nothing. It's exactly the same as if you never existed. When everyone an atheist knew on earth, going by the atheist's view, dies, there will be no one to even remember that he existed. What a bleak, blind, pointless view. If I were to believe that; truly believe that, I would be doing anything I please, anywhere, anytime. Who could care? Why care? There would be no right or wrong, good or evil .. nothing. Personally, despite all the wind exiting their mouths and blowing across microphones around the world, I don't believe they are capable of living a life that is consistent with their belief.

So I looked up the new show that is hosted? produced? both? by Bill Nye. Wow. Sad. Can't post a link here because it is so vulgar. I do mean, vulgar. What a waste of equipment, studio, etc. But, that is so true of probably 99% of television.

Funny thing about this reply .. I started it over 26 hours ago. Hey .. life happens. Much of the away time was helping someone with plumbing and, being 65 tomorrow (29th), I had to get signed up for Medicare. Oh my goodness! I shall be posting a few thoughts on that someday. I had no idea how over reaching the government already is.

Issachar
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Working...
    X