Well, will IT happen ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, will IT happen ?

Depends what "it" is – or what "is is" to quote one of the intellectual giants of our time

A Galactic evil wind could wipe all life off our world in a few moments......
    A neighboring stars nova shell could reach us at any time,and ---- Dito--...........
    Or GOD could say “Time Gentlemen”

Is the end of the world Dec 21st?
    Well, I'm going to an “end of the world” luncheon midday on the 21st at Coast Guard base San Diego.... one of the bennies of belonging to the CG Axillary is we get to go on base and eat the once a week premium meals for $5 at the galley …steak ans shrimp friday ....for those rolling their eyes.... food has definitely got better in the military galleys in the 40 years since I served...........

Re: Well, will IT happen ?

Agree about the food. Once a month, the Air Force Academy throws a "Final Friday" soiree at the Club. Free for active duty and retired, $10 for civilians. All you can eat. Phenomenal food. Last one was a pig roast- five roasted pigs, trimmings, along with salads, cheeses, breads, chicken, pulled pork, meatballs, desserts.

Our tax dollars hard at work.

wlnf

Comment

Not sure the world is ending, but the Rapture is sure imminent. I wake up every morning amazed I'm still here (worried sometimes that I'm still here; then I go check on my wife real quick). Strange that lately I'm getting this growing sensation of imminence. Anyone else getting the same feeling?

wlnf

Comment

Originally posted by WasLostNowFound View Post
        I wake up every morning amazed (we're) still here.
        Ain't it the truth! I was just over at Drudge, on my way here. Just Astounding!!!
        Strange that lately I'm getting this growing sensation of imminence. Anyone else getting the same feeling?
        Oh Yeah! But in general, I'm getting numb! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by PlumBob View Post
          Oh Yeah! But in general, I'm getting numb! LOL
          As am I. Sometimes I wonder if we're really doing any good out here - we've been claiming, "Rapture imminent" for so many years - discussing signs, Watchmen Watching Newsletter (WWN) has been offline for years, WeNT now is amazing at pulling some of the most incredible articles from around the world...yet here we are.

Then I remember this: "Be not weary in well doing"
          I also occasionally like pulling some of that old data up - I've even been known to pull up old WWN articles/comments and although there was some significant stuff going on (and has been for years) when I compare to what's going on today ... well, there isn't much comparison. Nowadays it seems that ALL signs are in place including being on the doorstep of, "All nations will hate you..." that Jesus predicted. This simply wasn't the case 10 years ago. While we don't know if the US would come to Israel's aid in a war we know the odds are leaning very much in the wrong direction. I believe Obama would put "oil" and his obvious love for Islam on a very high priority in this situation.

Anyway, didn't mean to get 'all serious' there. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
            ... I remember this: "Be not weary in well doing"
            I also occasionally like pulling some of that old data up - I've even been known to pull up old WWN articles/comments and although there was some significant stuff going on (and has been for years) when I compare to what's going on today ... well, there isn't much comparison. Nowadays it seems that ALL signs are in place including being on the doorstep of, "All nations will hate you..." that Jesus predicted. This simply wasn't the case 10 years ago. While we don't know if the US would come to Israel's aid in a war we know the odds are leaning very much in the wrong direction. I believe Obama would put "oil" and his obvious love for Islam on a very high priority in this situation.
            Interesting thoughts ...

Two thoughts from here:

Post #3:
            Gloomy thoughts? Not really. As Christians, we are separate from this world that we sojourn in. Our "world" is the everlasting kingdom of God. What is happening here is simply the fruit of the sin nature. We are to share the gospel with the lost of this world that they might too believe and become a part of the everlasting kingdom of God.
            post #6
            ... what is going to happen to get us there and hopefully it's during the trib and not now but we don't know.
            It is true that we don't know, but I think that the people of all countries are in for a very rough ride prior to the rapture; prior to the 7 year trib. Many peoples have/are gone/going through more than we can imagine in the US and obviously, that is prior to the end of the age. I think that much of the way to a global currency and one world order will be accomplished ahead of time and the ac will simply step in as the missing piece of the puzzle to make the end of the age thing happen.

We'll see...

If we're gone, we're with our Lord. If we're still here, we're with our Lord. We can't lose in Christ.
            Issachar
            The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

I am reminded of the Bible verses in Matthew 24 where Jesus was talking about His coming, which we believe is the Rapture.

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
              Often we think, as you might be suggesting Issachar, that things will get really bad and then Christ will yank us out of here. But I believe these verses indicate that life will be going on as normal, even though "normal" is being redefined almost daily. We know the Rapture is imminent. Noah knew a flood was coming, but it took him what, 125 years to build the ark? I don't think it will be another 125 years before the Rapture occurs, but I for one keep having a growing sense of imminence. Everything seems to be falling into place according to end times prophesies, and I believe we are quickly approaching the end of the end times prophesies, Isaiah 17, Ez 38, OWO, a global financial system, etc.

Lewis, you have a knack for starting threads that cause a lot of great discussions. I've often wondered how your mind works. Still wondering.

wlnf
              Last edited by WasLostNowFound; 12-19-2012, 10:00 AM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Well, WLNF, you said
                I've often wondered how your mind works.
                its allways been a matter of speculation among my friends about HOW or IF my mind works......

a number of times I've found myself enthusiastically sharing my latest insite (or delusion) and the person winces, says,
                "Lewis you're making my head hurt"
                some have said,
                Lewis you've been thinking about that for how long ??? and I'm susposed to understand it in a couple sentences ?????
                y'all have likely noticed .......

Comment

Originally posted by WLNF
                  Often we think, as you might be suggesting Issachar, that things will get really bad and then Christ will yank us out of here.
                  I just think it is a possibility. But I base that on the fact that at the moment we are still here and things are getting really bad. But like most of us here, I too believe that the rapture could happen at any time.

There is also the passage .. you quoted above: v.37-38 .. often used to state something you're also stating here:
                  ... life will be going on as normal, even though "normal" is being redefined almost daily.
                  Included in the days of Noe (Noah):

Genesis 6:
                  And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
                  12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
                  13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; . . . .

Since both are true (obviously; God cannot lie.), I take that to mean that people will be doing some sort of "normal" things in the midst of a severely deteriorated world. There are testimonies of people getting married in the concentration camps. There was a movie, Defiance, based on a true story, where Jews fled to the forest in Belarus to escape the nazis .. where a wedding took place. I hope it's ok to place a clip of that here (the movie presents much moral dilema and is very interesting for those who've not seen it .. )

Everything seems to be falling into place according to end times prophesies, and I believe we are quickly approaching the end of the end times prophesies, Isaiah 17, Ez 38, OWO, a global financial system, etc.
                  We certainly agree on all that. My thinking is that it could be falling into place so fast (I believe, exponentially), that we could see much of a owo, etc., before the rapture and the seven year trib ... I guess it doesn't matter who is right or wrong or somewhere in between .. what God wants to do and when, is up to Him. The only concern I have, is if believers (I have heard folks say this) think "Oh, we don't have to worry about any of what is coming because we won't be here." but then we are, they won't be mentally and spiritually prepared. If they are right, it doesn't matter. But if things do get craz(ier) while we're still here, and we expect that and drive deeper and deeper into the Word and join in possibly never-before-seen fellowship, we can be very effective in still sharing the gospel in the midst of it. Back when .. maybe 1970's .. Christians didn't even imagine "churches" promoting homosexuality, homosexuality on the tee vee (broadcast; not just cable), so called "gay marriage", some of the wars we've seen and continue to see and the rampant decline in general, of morality and governments, and still being here. Those, and more, were things that happen "after the rapture." But, we're still here.

Just some meandering thoughts ... Issachar
                  The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Originally posted by Issachar View Post
                    The only concern I have, is if believers (I have heard folks say this) think "Oh, we don't have to worry about any of what is coming because we won't be here." but then we are, they won't be mentally and spiritually prepared.
                    Very good point. That may indeed be a possibility, that God will tarry so that we will be those lights shining and continuing to praise God amidst all the gloom and turmoil in the world, until the last person whose name is written in the Book of Life comes to the Lord.

It may get ugly for us also, but persevere we must.

wlnf

Comment

allmost all of the true church is in tribulation right now........ has been in every generation.......are we so special that we will be exempt from trial?

America has been a GOD blessed haven,, island of freedom for almost 400 years..... mostly, I think, because we have treated the Jews in our midst humanely, unlike all other nations........

Comment

Working...
                      X