Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bin Laden tape warning Obama of attacks if he supports Israel

http://beta.thehindu.com/news/intern...ticle94322.ece
    Last edited by cnav; 01-24-2010, 01:58 PM.

Re: Bin Laden tape warning Obama of attacks if he supports Israel

“God willing, our raids on you will continue as long as your support for the Israelis continues,” Osama warned.

“It is not fair that you enjoy a good life while our brothers in Gaza endure the worst standard of living,” he was quoted as saying in the message.
    What is interesting about what he is quoted as saying is the fact it is now phrased in ways the world could see a bridge between what he said and what the world and Obama believe. Interesting.

Comment

OK I will post my own opinion. I am a bit tired of hearing of supposed Bin Laden tapes coming out (or is he issuing DVDs now). Who profits???? IMHO the group that calls for USA to abandon Israel builds a stronger case by the day...every terrorist case seems to be linked directly to Israel/PA. Sometimes I wonder if the mailing address for this stuff would turn out to be a condo on the beach somewhere in Baja, (or is it California), you know the one with the big swimming pool and endless supply of marjaritas. The potential for all kinds of folks with different motives (all claiming to be the authentic Bin Laden) is simply too great. Oh well...off my chest!
      PS Me, I think Bin Laden died years ago of kidney failure....but he lives on forever in the hearts and minds of young jihadists ( and everyone else who wants to abandon Israel) everywhere.

Comment

I think he died too HSB...........but they still pull the Bin Laden card at strategic times.

Comment

So HSB, what we have here is a "Weekend At Bernie's" scenario with OBL?
          Creepy.
          I agree though, those who call for America to abandon Israel profit from these. And what a better way for the administration to claim they can't support her...

Comment

N1095A: where do you get this stuff? I could not stop laughing (even if it was hysterical laughing)!!!
            Folks, years ago when Poland was under the Communist regime, I read an article that everybody assumed the opposite of what they were told. They had grown to recognize that peace meant war, success meant failure etc. The article said that even the weather forecasts were disbelieved. When the TV said it was going to be sunny, they carried umbrellas to work, etc. Aren't we fortunate to live in a different society and age where something like a simple weather forecast (eg. prepare for global warming) can be believed......get out the shovel!!

Comment

As of today, Jan 26, the US has still not confirmed the tape's authenticity.

WLNF

Comment

Photoshop-enhanced (or whatever editing software) pictures that degrade another person are TASTELESS and completely unnecessary and unwelcomed on WeDG. Please refrain from posting them.

Comment

No problem. I find Bin Laden organizing and celebrating 9/11, and Obama's selection of a "preacher" that celebrated 9/11 and blamed America and Israel for it more tasteless and offensive, what with the horrible deaths of nearly 3,000 American citizens.

It's just political commentary but admittedly it's my personal opinion.

Comment

Expose evil and corruption all you, wish Bobby, just keep the enhanced pictures off the board. Please ask yourself: In what way does this help the credibility of Millennium Weekend Ministries as a Christian board?

1. Exposing evil: Yes - this is what Jesus did AND what He commanded us to do
                    2. Make people look bad (worse than reality) by enhancing pictures: What do you think?

Comment

I know it appears I singled out Bobby on this and in reality we have had a very lax hand where political cartoons are concerned. Please note that the Advisory Board is really considering this - discussing and praying about how we will handle this in the future. Regardless of who the target is we ought not to ridicule, mock or otherwise degrade another person. I've been guilty of laughing and perhaps passing along things that in retrospect I probably shouldn't have.

Comment

I think it's shocking the number of people in this country that still embrace this guy's agenda. I don't think they're off the mark but again, it's my personal opinion.

Political Correctness will be the end of us all, IMHO. He pushes for gay marriage (while claiming he's against it), celebrates abortion and 4 times rejected legislation that saves a baby who lived through an abortion attempt, laughs it off as well, embraces islam, the most anti-Christian "faith" on the face of the Earth (by it's explicit and clear content), gives enemy combatant islamic terrorists Constitutional rights to which they are not entitled, moves many of those terrorists (or is moving them) to American soil rather than Gitmo and has no problem standing in a church pulpit claiming a 1965 event lead to circumstances causing himself to be born in 1961. All to cheering ears.

Bin Laden may be dead. He certainly doesn't seem to release any video for the past few years. And Obama seems to have more in common with TROP than Christianity, while claiming the opposite.

I felt they were more accurate than not. However, I would agree if they were more inaccurate than not, I wouldn't post them.

Our world is so complex it's hard, oftentimes, to choose whether to act or speak.

I've met many decent, kind and humble Christians. To a few of them, I've offered the verses that show why TROP and Christianity are not "sister faiths" as preached rather popularly these days.

A lot of them simply don't want to know.

I've told them about Obama's agenda, long political record, radical associations, voting record, etc.

A lot of them simply don't want to know.

So when the pope, or Mother Teresa, or Robert Schuller or politicians preach the ecumenical thing, they shrug their shoulders and continue to celebrate their celebrity status.

Political cartoons, of which these are a variation, though less sophisticated, have long been used to hinder some of the myths and unchallenged agendas of many politicians or "leaders" such as Josef Stalin, in many countries.

And they go the other direction, too, supporting them.

We live in a world where celebrities like Charles Barkley claims conservatives are "fake Christians" but he is pro-gay-marriage and pro-abortion. Well, admittedly conservatives often lack compassion but one wonders if Christ would be pro-gay-marriage and pro-abortion? My guess, from the Scriptures is that He would not. I suppose, in his mind, by pronouncing these things, Barkley shows us he's a "real Christian". Well, that's what he implies:

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/48184.html

But a lot of people are influenced by guys like this. Obviously, WeDG's main agenda surely isn't politics, but it's alarming the number of Christians that support this guy.

Towards that end, here and there, I think it's prudent to poke holes in the myth so that his political power doesn't go unchallenged. Which makes it more difficult for him to push through just anything he wants.

He's certainly got the MSM, Jay Leno, Conan O'Brien, Jimmy Fallon and a whole host of secular folks like them on his side and working every single day to perpetuate the myth. Oh they take the occasional potshot here and there but they're all on board for now.

They will be harsh mistresses though, when the political winds change. Not much doubt about that. But I watch their constant attacks on any conservative who fouls up while praising Obama more than a bit imbalanced. The country is being fed one side of propaganda and it's extensive. And they have been rather successful at it.

The Antichrist will be a political *and* a "religious" leader. And like Dave Hunt (I just posted a new link at the site) I believe it's a "false christianity" that rejects any part of the Gospel. I think (and he thinks) we're well on our way to that day. Not just his appearance, but wide support in the so-called "Christian" community.

I just hate to see half the world cheering this kind of doctrine, and our small corner of the world totally silent as this marches on. Soon, ecumenism and popularity will be the key decisive factors for most, in choosing leaders and churches.

I know because I raised these questions to a lot of Christians who found such things offensive and I found myself outside the circle. I'll be real honest; I'm getting tired of it falling on mostly deaf ears (not all around the world are choosing that though).

One of these days we're going to find outselves totally governed by people like this and we're gonna wonder how we got there and what our children and young relatives will have to face, should the Lord tarry.
                        Last edited by N1095A; 01-26-2010, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Great dissertation, Bobby - stuff we've discussed hundreds of times on this site and I dare say pretty much everything you said you know full well we agree on. Now back to the issue at hand:

1. Exposing evil: Yes - this is what Jesus did AND what He commanded us to do
                          2. Make people look bad (worse than reality) by enhancing pictures: What do you think?

Comment

Thought I did.

Osama bin Laden certainly doesn't look worse in "Weekend at Osama's" then he does in real life. In real life he plotted, organized and executed the deaths of 3,000 Americans.

If the worst thing he ever faced in life after that was being parodied on a B-movie spoof, he got off pretty easy, I'd say.

Obama's got a lot of muzzie sympathies (he asked not to "rush to judgement" on the Ft. Hood jihad and got the underwear bomber to clam up via Holder) and is associated with folks like Edward Said who likes to throw rocks at the Israelis while he is on vacation.

Nobody made Obama hang out with these folks. Nobody made him say that 'nobody is suffering more than the Palis' while attending a "church" that called Israel 'that dirty word" and said it was "state-sponsored terrorism against the Palesintians" while overlooking the gross Intifada terrorism war of 2000-2004.

Or I could mention folks like domestic terrorist Bill Ayers.

Or the Palestinian party that Obama attended where the L.A. Times refused to release the video / pictures they had because they were "embarrassing".

Hmmm. What's the big deal if he ain't up to no good? Obviously something was very amiss.

I don't think the pictures were inaccurate at all. Except Osama bin Laden hasn't ever been in a zany comedy about a house in the Hamptons.

But that's my opinion, of course.

But not posting the pictures is no big deal. It really makes no difference to me.
                            Last edited by N1095A; 01-27-2010, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Dead or alive. Fake or real. The quote Bin Laden messages have changed in content.
                              Bin Laden urges abandoning dollar: Al Jazeera tape
                              Osama Bin Laden urged an end to reliance on the U.S. dollar as one solution to the global financial crisis and blamed developed countries for climate change, in an audiotape said to be of the al Qaeda leader.
                              http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100129/...nladen_economy

How mainstream.

Comment

Working...
                              X