update on sister's cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update on sister's cancer

Some of you have prayed for my sister who was found to have breast cancer at the end of last summer. Just wanted to update you on her condition and ask again for prayer.

It was found that the cancer matastisized to her lungs, liver, and spine. Her insurance would not pay for chemo or any outpatient treatments, which all cancer treatments are, so in order to go through treatment it would mean losing their business, house, and all they have and go bankrupt. She did not feel that was the Lord's choice for her, and the more we read about the treatment and results for her cancer, the more it seemed that it would not benefit her anyway.

She went to Colorado for an alternative treatment center and went through a week of detoxing, enemas, juicing etc. Came home and knew she needed more and found a Christian Physician's assistant in her area that was known for helping cancer patients to recover. She followed the Budwig protocol, and put Wendy on this. She's been on this protocol for a couple months now. Her very aggressive cancer has stopped growing. Her bloodwork was good. She is, however in a lot of pain in her back. They thought it was due to her cancer growing but found it was not growing and there was no more progression there, no fractures or anything. But she has a twisted pelvis. So she came here to stay with me as she cannot care for herself because of the pain and I'm familiar with the diet she's on since it is the same one that helped me recover from CFIDS/FM. She's seeing my christian chiropractor and he's seen her for a week and fixing the problem and praying with her. It seems hopeful, but she is still suffering lots of pain. Please pray for her for that.

Will try to post more later, gotta run!

Ginny

Re: update on sister's cancer

Thanks Ginny for the update - continuing to pray....sounds like many positive things are happening!! Thank you Jesus.

Comment

Praying also...

Comment

Yes, Ginny, praying for Wendy.

Comment

I am praying for your sisters full recovery as I know just how special sisters can be.

Father In The Name of JESUS, I pray for Ginny's sister Wendy that you would touch her from the bottom of her feet to the top of her head and heal her from this threadful disease. You LORD are the Great Physician and what man cannot do we know you can and I also ask for the pain to subside and that she would feel better and I ask this all in JESUS name amen.

God Bless you Ginny, I am praying for you also as does take a toll on everyone involved.

He's the God of miracles yesterday, today and forever.

God Bless.

Comment

Thank you all bigtime for the prayers. She had a really bad night of excruciating pain, when we are at the end of the week of treatments we thought would alleviate the pain, so it is discouraging, and we just cried out to God this morning in helplessness, not at all able to understand His hand right now but trusting in His heart and love and perfect will. All we can do is surrender it all to Him and cry out to Him. The pain is unbearable for her and for me to watch. I would much rather suffer it in place of her! It would be easier.

She finally took a couple pain pills and is resting now. But the pain pills make her liver toxic, and have to work harder so she tries to get by without them.

We just so badly need God's wisdom in how to deal with this. Thanks again for the faithful prayers! In our desperation and weakness, may God be glorified in His power and strength!

((Hugs)) to you all,
            Ginny

Comment

Praying, Ginny.

Comment

PLEASE LORD JESUS HAVE MERCY AND BRING HEALING AND RELIEF!! In your precious name we pray , Amen.

Comment

Oh, Ginny...You've shared some encouraging news, but seeing her suffering has got to be horrible. I pray that the Lord will continue to pour out His healing power on her body and bring her back to good health once again. Take this pain away, Lord and let her feel well again.
                  In Jesus name, Amen!

Comment

Take this pain away, Lord and let her feel well again.
                    Amen!

Thanks so much for the prayers! Another bad day and she cannot take her pain pills, as they are making her sick and unable to eat. We are desperately searching for non-medical ways to take away the pain.

Comment

Father God I pray in the name of Jesus, the name that is above all names. Please Lord have mercy upon your daughter Wendy. She is suffering much and needs to feel your love and compassion and relief from the pain. I pray and ask for this in Jesus' name. amen

Comment

Thankyou Jackie!

Ended up in the emergency room last night. after 4 tries of shots of different pain meds she was still in pain, only took the edge off. She was so drugged she was high from it all but still in pain. Gave her a muscle relaxer which helped her sleep at least. She hadn't slept for 2 days. They said it was sciatic nerve causing the pain. Today chiropractor says he feels he can have it taken care of by the end of the week. Hopefully he is right. It is under control right now so she can bear it anyway.

God bless,
                        Ginny

Comment

Thanks for the update, Ginny...Chiropractors can work wonders!! praying he/she does so here...

Comment

I am still praying for your sister and your whole family as you go through this ordeal. I am praying against your sister's pain in the name of JESUS that it would go back where it came from and your sister would be made whole. I pray for you also Ginny that God strengthens you as I know you need at this time and may your sister be healed and pain free in JESUS Name AMEN.

God Bless

Comment

Wendy had a decision to make. Yesterday the chiropractor said he was getting in a new decompression machine that is new and has had great results with sciatic pain. He was going to use it on her free of charge since she would be his first patient on it...sort of a "guinea pig". But if there was a tumor then it was contraindicated... could cause problems, even paralysis. It isn't confirmed that there is a tumor there, yet the CT scan showed up spots there. It would be a gamble. The symptoms of pain not responding to treatment and being worse at night are all signs that it could be a tumor. So we prayed about it and asked for guidance and called several people and the Lord showed her not to do it. Her pain was better yesterday and today but at night it shoots up to unbearable and wishes she could just die. I'm praying tonight she sleeps well and the pain won't hit her again. She goes back home tomorrow still in pain. We had hoped that she wouldn't be... yet the Lord gave us so much this week together and blessed us. I know He had His reason for it. It was a growing time for both of us and a precious time in our relationship. I'll never forget it. We are now praying for the Lord's direction for the next step.

She needs an MRI but has to pay out of pocket for it. She has to confirm whether or not there is cancer there and how much and what it is doing. And then she has to decide on how to deal with this pain.

She'll be starting on a drug called Neurontin when she gets back and is still doing the natural stuff for her cancer also which does seem to be keeping it from growing.

Thanks so much to you all again for your prayers for her and for me too. The Lord has supernaturally sustained me and given me energy and grace to minister to her these two weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X